amanda grey.♥

"I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of the words as they tangle with human emotions." -James Michener

"Writing is the socially acceptable form of schitzophrenia." -E.L. Doctorow

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The First Thing I Ever Wrote..

I know this poem pretty much sucks. I'm merely posting it to show how I have changed and progressed as a writer through the past year.

I run and run
Gaining speed,
With no intentions of slowing down.
I do not look back.
For I am afraid of what I'll see.
My time pushes the limit.
I'm running from my past,
And what I am to become.
I am running, away from my own self.
Hoping to break free.
Time ticks down all too quickly
And the last grain of sand
Falls from my hourglass.
I am dead.
And hell has begun.

1.16.09

No comments:

Post a Comment